ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4 anthracite wheels
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Euro#13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

Sorry about my statement about them being "dimensionally identical", that is obviously incorrect just in the fact that they are two different styles.

There very well could be a difference, even though my '85 wheels fit without any problems, the tolerance may have been too tight for Ford's comfort level for production so they may have made a change in the casting for that.
A buddy of mine has an '89 Mustang LX 5.0 that has only 5k miles on it (I actually sold it to him new), I will have to get a hold of him and compare our wheels to see what the difference is.

Brent
Former owner of EuroCoupe #13
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 5-speed; 1 of 7,860
1971 Ford Ranchero; 1 of 2,595
Hi-Jumper mid-engine sandrail w/2.3 turbo
probstkr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent

I should have mentioned this in my response to your first post but I'm not talking about the difference between the 85/86 GT wheel (10 hole) and the 87-90 GT wheel (turbine). I'm saying that the 85/86 GT wheel (10 hole) and the 87-90 lx wheel (10 hole) wheels are also different. They are the same diameter and they look the same they are just shaped different inside. Not that it makes a difference because the later wheels will apparently fit, thanks for correcting my earlier post.

Kevin
Euro#13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

It looks like we understand each other but are having a hard time typing it out in a clear way. Laughing

Brent
Former owner of EuroCoupe #13
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 5-speed; 1 of 7,860
1971 Ford Ranchero; 1 of 2,595
Hi-Jumper mid-engine sandrail w/2.3 turbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: