ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dash Light and related Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mustang Munkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:00 am    Post subject: Dash Light and related Questions Reply with quote

I am working to get to know my new 89 ascMclaren Mustang. I have had it less than a week now and I already have a few questiosn that I would really appreciate your help with. I do not have an owners manual so I am really in the dark. I have ordered an owners manual but I probably will not have it for another week or two.

My questions are as follows:

1. Below my instrument panel, beside my dash light dimmer switch is a small singular red light. I have never seen it lit but I have no idea what it is for. Do any of you know what this light is for and if I ever do see it light up what it might mean?

2. On the dash to the right of the steering column is a rectangular area that appears black but upon closer inspection it seems to contain several warning lights of some description. I can't tell what they are but I have never seen any of them light up. They might be things like "check engine" but I can't tell. Do any of you know what they are?

3. I have checked and all the fuses in the fuse box under the dash seem to be in place and in good condition. Any ideas as to why these warning lights mentioned in question 2. above, if that's what they are, never light up?

4. Do the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel have any illumination when you turn the headlights on? I am wondering if there is a way to see the buttons at night or do I just have to memorize their location and function if I want to use cruise control at night?

5. The electric side view mirror adjustment switch in the center console does not work for either the driver or passenger side mirror. If the fuses are all in place and not blown, is there another likely reason that the side view mirror adjustment switch is not working?

Thank you,

Mark
knsstang

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash Light and related Questions Reply with quote

Mustang Munkey wrote:
I am working to get to know my new 89 ascMclaren Mustang. I have had it less than a week now and I already have a few questiosn that I would really appreciate your help with. I do not have an owners manual so I am really in the dark. I have ordered an owners manual but I probably will not have it for another week or two.

My questions are as follows:

1. Below my instrument panel, beside my dash light dimmer switch is a small singular red light. I have never seen it lit but I have no idea what it is for. Do any of you know what this light is for and if I ever do see it light up what it might mean?

2. On the dash to the right of the steering column is a rectangular area that appears black but upon closer inspection it seems to contain several warning lights of some description. I can't tell what they are but I have never seen any of them light up. They might be things like "check engine" but I can't tell. Do any of you know what they are?

3. I have checked and all the fuses in the fuse box under the dash seem to be in place and in good condition. Any ideas as to why these warning lights mentioned in question 2. above, if that's what they are, never light up?

4. Do the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel have any illumination when you turn the headlights on? I am wondering if there is a way to see the buttons at night or do I just have to memorize their location and function if I want to use cruise control at night?

5. The electric side view mirror adjustment switch in the center console does not work for either the driver or passenger side mirror. If the fuses are all in place and not blown, is there another likely reason that the side view mirror adjustment switch is not working?

Thank you,

Mark

Congratulations on your purchase..our cars came as Lx v8's. The cluster to the right is for the warning gauges for a GT mustang. I believe its low coolant, low fuel, and 2 more. I can't remember what right now. Steering wheel buttons do not light up. I have the red light on left side of dash also.. I thought it was for a disconnected alarm system, now im curious. Try a new mirror switch if the fuses are good. I found a link to get those lights working..http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/87-89-lx-low-fluid lights
1989 Royal Gold Metallic #095 (225Hp)
2016 Kawasaki ZX14R (199.9Hp) (26,200 miles)
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
2012 GMC Yukon Denali (403Hp)
svo413

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: New Reply with quote

The red light is likely for an aftermarket alarm.

The extra lights on the lower panel do not function for most cars. My 89 lx does not use it. My 88 asc may use it for the low coolant. I don't recall the exact items used on it.

The mirror switch flips left or right in the center to activate left or right. If it's not working, Check to make sure it's plugged in.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
knsstang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: New Reply with quote

svo413 wrote:
The red light is likely for an aftermarket alarm.

The extra lights on the lower panel do not function for most cars. My 89 lx does not use it. My 88 asc may use it for the low coolant. I don't recall the exact items used on it.

The mirror switch flips left or right in the center to activate left or right. If it's not working, Check to make sure it's plugged in.

I found a link to get the lights working on an Lx mustang( those worked stock on GT). I typed the link in my reply because it wouldn't let me past it. But it's pretty easy to get them working.
Also..his gold 89 has the light in the same spot as my car. How can I find out if it's an alarm installed from the factory? Would it be in the vin?
1989 Royal Gold Metallic #095 (225Hp)
2016 Kawasaki ZX14R (199.9Hp) (26,200 miles)
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
2012 GMC Yukon Denali (403Hp)
svo413

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Alarm Reply with quote

To the best of my knowledge, alarms were dealer installed or aftermarket. You can look for the speaker horn under the hood or up under the fender/bumper. The alarm module is usually near the fuse box 4"x6". Ford modules were often made by Audiovix but have Ford on them and a Ford part number. I have installed a couple.

Remote power locks were available in 89.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: