ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ASC Security / Alarm System Option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mustang Munkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: ASC Security / Alarm System Option Reply with quote

I do not have much of the original paperwork for my car. How would I be able to determine if it has the optional asc installed security / alarm system? Those of you whom know you have it, what visible indications are there in the cabin or under the hood that one would look for to make such a determination? 1989 ASC/Mclaren Mustang.
knsstang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: ASC Security / Alarm System Option Reply with quote

Mustang Munkey wrote:
I do not have much of the original paperwork for my car. How would I be able to determine if it has the optional asc installed security / alarm system? Those of you whom know you have it, what visible indications are there in the cabin or under the hood that one would look for to make such a determination? 1989 ASC/Mclaren Mustang.

I have a small red light also.. I was wondering about a factory security system. How do I find out if I have one.. SORRY ABOUT SIZE OF PICTURE. I'll take smaller ones next time.
1989 Royal Gold Metallic #095 (225Hp)
2016 Kawasaki ZX14R (199.9Hp) (26,200 miles)
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
2012 GMC Yukon Denali (403Hp)
Mustang Munkey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like the light I have on my dash also. I know it could be aftermarket but for some reason I don't think it looks aftermarket. It also looks remarkably similar to your red light. Anyone out there know? The lights look very similar, we both have 89's but our lights are in slightly different locations.

[img[/img]
knsstang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mustang Munkey"]That looks like the light I have on my dash also. I know it could be aftermarket but for some reason I don't think it looks aftermarket. It also looks remarkably similar to your red light. Anyone out there know? The lights look very similar, we both have 89's but our lights are in slightly different locations.

I'm thinking it's factory. What's the odds of us having the same light near the same location if it's not factory?
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all you guys have a Ford alarm, then I'd say that it's still inconclusive.

Dealers would probably put alarms on the expensive cars on the lot...Lincolns...and the asc's since those were a big premium. Plus it's easy to sell people on alarms who are buying luxury cars.

If they were all the same aftermarket alarm...then maybe that would be an asc installed item.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy's post here mentions an intrusion alarm option:

http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4049

So probably all of these were installed at asc?

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
knsstang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
If all you guys have a Ford alarm, then I'd say that it's still inconclusive.

Dealers would probably put alarms on the expensive cars on the lot...Lincolns...and the asc's since those were a big premium. Plus it's easy to sell people on alarms who are buying luxury cars.

If they were all the same aftermarket alarm...then maybe that would be an asc installed item.

-Mike

I went to the Pat Milliken ford in Redford mi today looking for a print out of what my car was shipped with. I was hoping to give them the V.I.N and get a print-out of items, they told me they cant do it with anything older than 9 years. IF i give you my V.I.N can you print it out for me if you have that information? My key doesn't lock glove box so I'm wondering was my ignition changed.
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any of that information. If alarms are factory from Ford then maybe a report from Marti autoworks will show it? His info won't show anything asc put in the car.
svo413

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Alarm Reply with quote

I did see the keyless entry system on the Blue 89 or 90 I considered buying. The remote was blue with Asc on it I believe. It was similar to the Ford design of the period which was dealer installed. I would expect the asc version to have been installed by asc.

If your unit is in place, parts and remotes are available on the aftermarket. I have ordered and installed 2 different Ford units (dealer installed). They were somewhat universal for many Ford cars and trucks.

The red led could be installed anywhere within about 24" of the control module. It's always the installers preference on where it ends up. I personally like to put it in smaller easier replaced panel just in case it needs to be removed.

We ordered a factory upgrade for the wife's 2014 mustang and it still had to be dealer installed and led location was not defined.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: