ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bunch of small stuff done today....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Bunch of small stuff done today.... Reply with quote

Well I got to do alot today as my wife and kids are in China for 3 weeks.

Restored the interior of the hatch and the back area of the cargo bay. Lots and lots of little stuff done here and there like verifying that the power hatch and power fuel door works....and the speaker wire is where it is supposed to be.

Tomorrow, I yank the dash....again *sigh*

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
jeffmclaren

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Bunch of small stuff done today.... Reply with quote

negusm wrote:

Tomorrow, I yank the dash....again *sigh*

-Mike

My FAVORITE job Rolling Eyes
Kyle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got through taking the dash off mine last night in order to fix the heater, a/c, blower box. NOT FUN
1986 ascMclaren Coupe #105

Initial success or total failure - AF EOD
dime_store_pony wrote:
granddaddy said "son, clowns wear bowties and if'n i ever catch ya in one
i'll take a picture and show all the girls"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pulled the dash 4 times in this car I think.

I did enough leg work that I think I have EVERYTHING covered this time to get it done 100%. YEah right.

-Mike
Kyle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked all over the internet and through repair manuals and I still cant figure out how to remove the heater core, ventilation ducts, blower housing area, can anyone point me to an article or something on how to do this? My fan isn't able to suck any air because the system is clogged cause someone filled the front of the car with new isulation.

dime_store_pony wrote:
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remove the dash and almost the heater. If you know how to do it, you can drop the dash away a bit and won't have to completely remove it.

http://www.50stangs.com/techarticles/heatercore.html

For NON AC cars, its easy. Pop out the glove box and open the flap to the core and swap it.

-Mike
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, didn't get to the dash today. The HOA pres came over yesterday evening and told me somebody complained about my "yard". So I did "yard" work all day. I don't consider myself as having a yard. I like to think of it as a "meadow". Very Happy

It really wasn't all that bad (IMHO). I'm pretty sure its the retirees accross the street. If I find out it is, I have half a mind to go over and tell them to get off my back and move their butts to a retirement community. I hate retired people who have nothing better to do than to whine. I've got two kids. In 20 years, I'll have more time to work on the yard.

Same thing happened to a friend up the street. They JUST moved in our subdivision from NYS and her husband was selling his business to move down with her and their 4 kids. Some neighbor was bitching that they weren't cutting the grass. I mean, cmon...cut the poor lady some slack. So I drove my tractor over and cut it twice for her.

My vent for the day.

-Mike
Kyle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vent away man, I agree with you. I had the same problem when our base was doing an excersise and I was gone for two weeks. I just told them if they don't like it they can mow it. They never have though Confused

dime_store_pony wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: