ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'85 Cowl/top wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
massrog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:59 am    Post subject: '85 Cowl/top wiring Reply with quote

Well I found a kindred soul who loves and knows how to work on Fox bodies and has allowed me to hire him so things are moving on the to do list! we've solved the parasitic draw (voltage regulator) and replaced the alternator so now we are looking into the wiring for the cowl and top. I know this has been written about but I haven't been able to find any wiring diagrams for the '84-'86 verts. We grounded the plug for the pull down motor and provoked a click in the green relay on the driver side of the trunk but got no power. Can someone please clue me in as to what that relay is/does and where to find a new one? We also found a stray white w/blk stripe hot wire hanging loose right near that relay. Any idea where that might belong? Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated as it would save many hours (and $'s no doubt) and much frustration.
massrog

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon closer inspection I found that the loose wire was in actuality the second side to the green wire connected to the green 8 wire relay. Any direction to info on that relay and the trunk harnesses in general would be eternally appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: