ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recaro seat controls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
85ASCdroptop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Recaro seat controls Reply with quote

Hi All! Just purchased an '85 convertible with the Recaro seats. They have 3 buttons and 2 rocker switches on the inboard side. I can't seem to make them do anything. Can anybody tell me what the controls do? The headrest speakers are working so at least that's hooked up. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Question
birdiestobehad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my '86, the rocker with the raised dot is for the seat heater and when the forward side with the dot is pressed down, the seat heater should turn on and there is a light within the rocker switch to indicate that it is on. Don't forget to switch it off when done as I've read there is a possibility it could overheat and burn out.

The other rocker switch is to inflate the lumbar support support bladders within the seat. When you press down and hold this rocker it will inflate the bladders and you should hear the motor running and feel the bladders inflate. Let go and it will stop inflating. The three blue buttons are for adjusting the three bladders of the lumbar support. They are in the seat back at the low end, mid and upper.

Now, with all that said, it doesn't mean they will function. My lumbars work for both seats and my passenger seat heater works as described, but my driver side heater is not working. I got the car from my dad 7 1/2 years ago (he bought it new) and the drivers heater worked intermittently and the light never worked, but in the last year the heater stopped working. That will be a spring time project for me and I will be searching through the discussions to see if anyone else has had similar issues.

The first thing to check would be the fuses as that could be an easy fix.

Also a good source of info is Henry Huisman's web site:
http://www.ascmclaren.com/
Original parts and links to service manuals, etc.

Good luck and welcome to the group!
1986 'vert #118
85ASCdroptop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Recaro seat controls Reply with quote

That is VERY helpful! Thank you. Now to see if any of these things work![/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: