ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A pillar plastics? Are they the same?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7ftbill

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: A pillar plastics? Are they the same? Reply with quote

My "A pillar" interior trim/plastic pieces are brittle as hell, they are cracked in a few spots and I know I will have to pull these off eventually (need to do a heater core and maybe change the dash pad).

Are these specific to these cars and only an ASC part? or can I find a comparable year vert and pick some up?

(86 capri vert)
86MclarenCapri

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the A-Pillar covers are the same but maybe cut down at the top?

Changing out the Heater core is a major PITA, but it can be done. I would recommend watching some videos on YouTube about it. Also, it would be a good time to replace your AC evaporator while you're in there. I wish I would have replaced mine...

The good thing about the heater core drill is that you have to take everything out, so you get a chance to clean everything and put it back in.

You might as well replace your carpet if it is old.
67 Mustang GTA Convt
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulling the seats help, gives you more wiggle room. I should have stock Ford A-pillars would need to be painted
svo413

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Parts Reply with quote

Keep in mind most of the Ford parts are from the hatchback model not the convertible. The a pillars appear to be cut off and attached with paper based double sided tape at the top. Likely 79-86 to match the dash design.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
7ftbill

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts Reply with quote

svo413 wrote:
Keep in mind most of the Ford parts are from the hatchback model not the convertible. The a pillars appear to be cut off and attached with paper based double sided tape at the top. Likely 79-86 to match the dash design.

Thanks! I didn't think about them being from a hatch. Figured they could have started with a T-Top car but it does look like the doors were modified too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: