ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

? 86 spec's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fredzilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: ? 86 spec's Reply with quote

This thread was locked but, I noticed a couple of things
that caught my attention. Confused

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=334&highlight=capri+specs

The first was the #of coupes at 114 ??
The second would be the body color #'s
....if you add up all the color combo's, the total number
is higher then production #...? at 20,889
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, you'll need to re-add the paint color totals. My figures (per usual) are 100% correct. 20,869 is the total # of 1986 Mercury Capris manufactured by FoMoCo at Dearborn assembly. You errored in your addition, by 20 units Rolling Eyes

Regarding the 114 -vs- the 115. ascMcLaren records show 114 shipped. However, one unit was picked up by the buyer at ascMcLaren directly, because of reasons I am not at liberty to expose. The REAL total was 115. ascMcLarens published total is 114. Take your pick! 115 were made.

I notice as of late a great movement among my peers to more or less challenge practicly everything I scribe here. I no longer feel it's necessary to have to "prove" everything. I am taking 100% of it from actual paperwork given to me by an ascMcLaren manager at # 34165 Autry Avenue in Livonia, Michigan during the time frame of 1984-1986. Could there be an error in it.....somewhere? Who's to say. I have no other source and no other source would have been closer to the project. I have the only known photos ever taken inside the plant, where cameras were not allowed, that I have shared herein on this site, thru Tom's FOTKI album.
I have shared with 1000s across the world the knowledge bestowed upon me, from those who trusted me, at ascMcLaren. I have spoken with owners from all across the world and have many photos of various McLarens from many other countries. I have assisted a Newspaper executive from England in buying an ascMcLaren in New England. He appreciated my knowledge and assistance. I have had persons telephone me at 4AM to talk of their McLaren from far off in other corners of the world, and I have been pleasant and even gotten outta bed, to look things up for them at 4AM as they had no idea what time it was in New Jersey.
Calls & cars located have come from:
Geneva/Israel/Spain/Canada/The Netherlands/Paris France/New Zealand/
all 48 continential United States AND Alaska & Hawaii/ England/ Mexico/ South America/ Austrialia/ The Isle of Malta/ AND others.
I have been quioted in Collectible Automobile Magazine and in Hemmings Motor News newest publication: Hemmings Muscle Cars Magazine, as well as in Mustang Illustrated where not only were the cars highlighted, but I was as well, even with mine & Peter Muscat's photos. I have been asked for my opinions as to values from the "Black Book" of collectible car value guide and the same from NADA.

Therefore, that said, I will no longer reply to verbal challenges. Others pay HUGE telephone bills to acquire the info I have. Non-believers will always exist. Some will challenge everything or anything, hoping to find a loophole to discredit or expose a fraud. I am not a fraud. Any & all who wish to not believe the things I scribe have every right to do so. However, I will no longer reply.
Thank You.
PS/ Of all of America, how do you think that I was able to obtain the final ascMcLaren (1990) made? Certainly others have much more money than I and more lofty employment/professional posistions than I. Why me ? Ummm?

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
fredzilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, I didn't mean for this to turn into any kind of
challenge or to try to discredit you in anyway. Sad Sorry, if
it sounded that way in my question.

I look forward to reading your posts and what you have too say. Because, of who you are and the knowledge you have with the cars. I'm still new at this and trying to learn from the best.

Thank You, for your time, your work and effort to answer my questions..
Much appreciated
fred
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred, it was not aimed solely at you. It's been a trend that perhaps only I have noticed, herein. Yours was - as they say - the perverbal straw thingiee. Camels back, thingee.

Regarding the cars. When a corporation (GM FORD CHRYSLER...whomever) designs & manufactures a car, the entire build are 100% identical. However, when a sub contractor, a small company does an aftermarket conversion, they do not stick to an absolute mindset.
Look (for an example) at the difficult time Mike has had in decifering which or what rear stereo speakers & grilles were "correct" ~ (You'll notice that I never got involved it THAT one, as I truthfully do not know!)

But, regarding the ascMcLarens, there are many many mysteries that will never be answered. I myself have a BIGIEE that has driven me nuts for only 12 years! I've contacted persons all the way up to asc with nobody able to give me the answer. I have spoken to asc's trim shop, to the stewart of the trim shop, to the material buyer....still no answer. So, point is, when an aftermarket convertor, "THE" rules can be bent to fit _____whatever..... So, if all 100 made with a black widget have a groove in the side, but one guy in Oregon has one and it's blue with no groove in the side....does that make me wrong?

Now, to change gears, here is the one that nobody can answer.
Why did ascMcLaren in their 1989 & 1990 cars use two different seat
sew style patterns ?

I will attempt to post links to 4 pic, but don't expect too much, as I am the world's most noted compuer idiot. Hang on this should take me 90 minutes.

Here we have a 1990 interior, in what I'll refer to as a "Panel" design, shown in new for '90 Titanium

Now, here we have Sandy's car's interior. I'll call this the diagonial stitch, WITH perforated leather in a two tone, here in Crystal Blue & Dark Regatta Blue.
When you ordered your 1989 or 1990 you have no idea which interior style you were getting, and ascMcLaren intermixed them throughout the 1989/1990 build.

From
Henry Huisman's Site of cars 4-sale there are two identical 1989 ascMcLarens
Both in rare (22 made) "Royal Gold Metallic" (A Jeep Cherokee Color from the eighties and also a Merkur XR4Ti color). Cars are identical. Same Car, Same Year 1898, same exterior color, Okay? LOOK

and the other
1989 with the other pattern. These cars were less than 40 units apart.

fredzilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Firstly, you'll need to re-add the paint color totals. My figures (per usual) are 100% correct. 20,869 is the total # of 1986 Mercury Capris manufactured by FoMoCo at Dearborn assembly. You errored in your addition, by 20 units

dUhhhh.. Ok, i did ... Embarassed I hit 2,775 twice!! 1C Raven Black 2,775 or 13.3% 2R Bright Red 2,755 or 13.2%.. I finally caught myself doing this
on the third add up..what a idiot i am..

Good thing,I'm not somebody's accountant. Screwy
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Sandy I have a theory most likely there was not 100% quality control of the guy who changed over seats so this went unnoticed on purpose or not just to get the cars in and out and he/she put in what was next in line or what was in the bin that day..... did you say it was same manufacture of seating if so they just took it on them self to ship what they manufactured and did not have to make good to asc for it because there was no one who really cared what the exact pattern was until now. or Maybe there was a guy at the manufacture that said hey this looks nice try this pattern oh dam i made to many oh well just send them to asc anyway they will be happy to have it? they are always on us to get stuff too them quick?
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so, RARE-ASC. asc was run pretty tightly. Not to army levels mind you....but pretty tightly !

I have no clues to go on....but my guess, and it's strictly a guess....is that asc might have thought about making the perforated two tone style an option at extra cost, and then Colelico (the asc textile division) feared that they could not handle the demand for two different styles and the idea was then scrapped, and they used up the "panel" design and the "diagonial" designs at the same time & forgot abount an optional interior. Colelico made both, that I know. That's about all I know Evil or Very Mad
None of my contacts have a clue, either. The shop foreman AT Colelico has no clue........ Duh

RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good theory guess we will never know for sure
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The perforated diagonial sew style (as my blue was in the posted photos is) WAS what you got on the 1987 & 1988 ascMcLarens. Soooo, the the"panel" design was the new one, that part is for sure. But, if either of them was to be an option, it had to be the former one rather than the new one, if only for the duo-tone leather ~ but with a 75.7% drop in sales for 1989, followed by a 74% drop in sales in 1990, I think they mighta had more to think about than offering an optional interior....Yes ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: