ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alpine 7272 Install Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
86MclarenCapri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Alpine 7272 Install Questions Reply with quote

My 86 roadster came with an aftermarket removable face radio that works and sounds great, but I couldn't resist picking up an Alpine on eBay.

Alpine 7272 on eBay

I read in another thread that the Alpine wasn't installed with a box, so I'm feeling pretty good about the install. The wires are all labelled very well, so I have that going for me, too.

I did get an amplifier with the deck, and I recall hearing that the McLarens might have had an amp?? If so, where was it mounted?

I have the stock Kenwood rear speakers and I am adding the deluxe door panels, so I'm going to add door speakers. My current radio uses the dash speakers, but I'm thinking that I should go to the door and rear speakers only.

Is this how they are supposed to be set up??
67 Mustang GTA Convt
capri50asc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject: Radio for the 86 ASC Reply with quote

From what I was told some of the early 86 ASC Coupes had the Alpine radios The remaining ones had the factory Premium radio with separate Amp
The convertibles in 1986 all had the Factory Premium radio system and no Alpines. The Amp is located right in the center of the top dash pad. If no one has removed it. Remove the top of your dash to get access . NOTE. Be careful you do not wire the amp in wrong as it can blow the radio. The Coupes have 4 Speakers the convertibles have 10.

The 85 -86 Stock radios is one of the worst radios to remove in some case you will need to remove the console and the floor heater chute.

Go luck Chris
capri50asc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Recaro Seats Reply with quote

Also NOTE With the Roadster and Recaros you have the headrests that both have two speakers. 10 Speakers Non-Recarcos 6 speakers

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: