ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1985 ASC Convertible sitting 12 years will be going soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: 1985 ASC Convertible sitting 12 years will be going soon. Reply with quote

I am going on the Hot Rod Power Tour this year and plan to take my 85 convertible. Does anyone know what type of wood is used on the dash? The repop stuff is the wrong color (too dark) I have taken a "bare all" video of what I am up against with this car. Oh and I have a line on getting new recaro seat skins made. Let me know if there is interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuKTpe2MLOY
U-MAN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI!... Now that's what I call , "a cool project ". I will stay tuned on this one. This guy has his work cut out for him. But like the rest of us, Ain't no mountain high enough .... Or something like that anyway. Hey! Will we get our cars to become house hold words, after that tour is over . I can hear them now " what the hell is that " ? Really do thank you for putting the video up on the site.
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a Fun GOAL. Hope to see more of the car and videos of it on the Hot Rod Tour.
svo413

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: Dash Reply with quote

I believe the original wood dash panels are available. I used the earlier Mustang faux wood panels as a quick fix.

The seat covers have to be custom made as the lower cushion was not supported by Recaro. I had mine done a while back.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
mandra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash Reply with quote

svo413 wrote:
I believe the original wood dash panels are available. I used the earlier Mustang faux wood panels as a quick fix.

The seat covers have to be custom made as the lower cushion was not supported by Recaro. I had mine done a while back.

Thanks! So the ones Hank has are correct? Also the place I am dealing with for the seat covers is a company called Lseat. They make many seats for classic supercars and many were very close to ours. When I reached out they offered to make a new pattern if I sent in my trashed covers.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanks should be correct. You can ask him if they are leftover NOS asc stock or repops. I think his should be leftover asc stock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
svo413

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject: Dash wood Reply with quote

A while back there were several companies offering flat wood dash kits. Most were real wood. With the newer cars 90s and up, they migrated to plastic stick on kits. I don't see any of the wood suff anymore. ASC probably used one of the early companies. They did not invent everything.

These days laser cutting of wood panels is fairly easy and inexpensive.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
mandra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another installment. Brought my 14 Year Old in the on getting it in shape. Love to use this as an opportunity to teach the next generation that these cars are cool. Will be doing an in-depth starter rebuild video this coming weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luxo4QfC120&t=42s
mandra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I am hitting my stride 2 steps forward and 1 step back of course.

Got it to run on an alternate fuel source after finding the fuel tank was total trash. Also found it needs a water pump. Here's me now hoping the studs don't snap off in the block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL1XUz96ggw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: