ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting News & Car 4-Sale - Busy Tele. 2-nite !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:

Gotsta use the "IMG" tags for this one... Very Happy Very Happy

I CAN MAKE THAT DIPLOMAT SE FIT IN YOUR "BUDGET" JUST BRING IN YOUR WIFE AND WE WILL "DICKER" Laughing
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lousey salesman! You gonna send him OUT to fetch the mouthpiece?
Siht NO! He no come back ! Mo like dis-a:-

SIR, what do I have to do today to allow you to drive this beautiful Diplomat SE home to park in your driveway and SURPRISE Mrs. Blowhard!

He: Ah ... ah .. well I think the price is a little high.....

SIR, Iv'e cut it to the bone. If you think it's a "little high" make me an offer and back it up with a deposit, can be a credit card, a debt card, a Master Card .... Heck, I'll take any kinda card. Let's just get it done and I'll go in and squeeze da boss, and I 'll git ya the deal you want.
Leave it to me, I need to make the commission, Pleezze ?

(they used to call me the Sugar Coated Shark) -

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir other than the color would there be anything elece keeping you from purchacing the Omni today? I am not sure my wife will take it in the "brown" Sir are we talking about the Omni Shocked
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omni(s) ... 'Ya, right ! $ 30.00 commission (GROSS) and the Omni customer was the poster-child for PITA! Only one worse was the first 2 to 3 years of the Minivan (Caravan) customers ! If I had ten bucks for everytime I folded and re-folded and removed & replaced those freakin' seats, I'd be a millionaire + Seats in - seats out & answer 1,001 question from the Mrs, while the little brats ran UNcontrolled all around the showroom bangin' into stuff, under the nose of a totaly oblivious Mother, who then wanted a DEMO ride and and and and finally a price. Followed by a "Thank You" - 2 days later ya call em up to see what's doing and they inform you that they bought it at Hickory dickery Dock Dodge for $27.88 cents less, but "Thank you for explaining it all to us" ~ ~

'Ya, the Caravan buyer ! Trading in a 185,000 mile VW Rabbit and wanting FULL retail value for it. Loved 'em ... 'Ya, Right !

RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh Sandy yes remember the "oh you did's" you do the follow up call and you get oh you did and they tell you how nice you were and next time we will buy from you
and the guy we bought from was too pushy we did not like him we really liked you but? Rolling Eyes
I am a fairley good closer i must say and do not get many oh you did's Cool Sold 20 units last month even with the car biz a little off Very Happy my record is 31.5 i have been at the same Ford store for 15 years stated when i was 21 and 90% of my customers are repeat and refferals thank the good lord! Much easier when they like you know you and trust you!
svt1996cobra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Salesman Reply with quote

Now thats what I like, informed salespeople. I thought about buying a new Mustang. I knew more than the saleswoman about the car. Then she wanted to charge me above sticker. It was no longer a consideration! I can wait for one, but I enjoy making the "deal" it's fun! My kids don't run through the show room, I have them right there learning the art of negotiation, after all they are 4 and 2, you can never start to soon! lol

David
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah hah, you guys would hate my wife!

She would chew you out for not hitting within $200 of factory invoice. On the last three cars, we printed out the internet factory invoice and she hammered at them until she got them within $500 of factory.

Actually on the 4Runner, the salesmanager gave us a price BELOW the factory invoice and we said SURE! The salesman started the paperwork and then the salesmanager came to use and said he made a mistake but would "honor" it. I often wonder if that was true or not.

On the Camry and Oddysey everybody we talked to said we got a better deal than they did so I guess my wife is doing something right.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that you have nice furnishing in your home, Mike. When you both went to look and purchase the sofa, dining room table, end tables and whatever else, did your wife print out out the cost to the store and then offer them $400.00 over invoice? Oh, wait, furniture is not on the 'net - yet. Do you guys ask the salesperson to bring forth the invoice & reveal it to you, and then you made an offer based upon that?

Of course not. and I'll bet you paid alot more profit on those items, percentage-wise than you would on any car, even if bought at the window sticker price. But THAT didn't bother you, correct??!

That nice sport shirt in that nice men's store in the mall has a tag of $49.95. Cost them about $ 7.50. But you'd have no problem paying the 560 percent mark-up, if you liked & wanted THAT shirt, right ? Screwy

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the car dealers would quit haggling over new car prices then they wouldn't have to deal with PITA customers. My wife looks at it like a challenge and she tells me that I am NOT to enter into negotiations at ANY TIME! Yes, I am sent packing with the two kids to wander around.

On her Camry, the guy got to within $530 or something of factory invoice, and I said that was the best deal we had seen. You should have seen the daggers she shot accross the table at me and the tongue lashing I got when we left.

I know a guy who pays full MSRP on every vehicle because #1 he can #2 he doesn't feel like dickering on the price and #3 he can brag about how much he spent. I'm sure every dealership in Charlotte has his picture posted up on the break room bulletin board!

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree 110% ! I would not mind selling Saturn. They sell only at MSRLP, full pop sticker price. What needs to be done is lower the Sticker price closer to the dealer's cost (I'd say $600.00 over invoice) and sell it for sticker. Same price for everyone. Like selling EGGS !

THen the consumer would benefit, as the competition would then be for product knowledge among sales personal.

But then you will always have the H.W. (Highway Whores) advertising them below invoice to lure 'em in and WHACK em. Then they would wind up back at my place of employment for service, 'cause the HW had crummy service. We would only take them when it benefitted us, or when we were slow in service.

Crummy business, that's why I got out of it. Got sick & tired of arguing over $20 bucks with "customers" ~

I didn't mind the negotiations, but there's a certain breed that thinks that they'll do better by getting abusive to the salesperson. I don't take that, I would walk away from them and tell them to go get someone else to abuse, like their dry cleaner or accountant or something...& I really left them. One of them I told that I was making $55.00 commission on the deal and that was not enough to take his abuse. I walked away and he came after me with "sorrys" and all. I forget if I sold him or not. I didn't argue. Not enough $$$ in it to get the blood pressure up.

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked the Toyota guy if he thought that this negotiating stuff is silly now that the internet has all the factory prices w/options posted for anyone to print and take in.

The guy just simply stated that they can still make more money the way it is.

Obviously, not everyone does their homework.

-Mike
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line is Invoice in hand or not, computers do not sell cars. People sell cars to people.

There is alot more than simply price. When I ordered my Town Car I went on line too. I found a dealer 37 miles from me, that I "spoke" to via e-mail to the dealership where he was. He e-mailed me the invoice and said that he'd sell it to me for $200 over dead dead invoice, no games, no hidden charges, nuttin ZIP $200 over invoice. Then I went to my dealer from whom I've bought 3 Lincolns. I did a "show & tell all" ~ They flat out told me "NO WAY" ! They said thast their bottom price was $500 more, or $700 over on an ordered Town Car. I bought it there, and paidthe X-tra $500.

Why? They are 4 miles from my house on residential streets. The other place was 37 miles down an interstate highway. Over the course of the 5 years that I keep them - it comes out to $100 a year for the conveniece of them driving me home IF I have to leave it, and then picking me UP when it's ready. Gas? 8 miles round trip to them, and 74 miles to the other one.
My point? It's not always all about just $$

RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy you are the man a true car guy! Good Job A good bit of my customers feel just as you do i try to give excellent service and it is not always about price price price take care of the customer and they will most likeley take care of you and it has worked this way for me for years after all 40 to 50 hours a week spent at the dealership is not a hobby for me Laughing . And you always have the "grinders" god bless em! But most likley they have a trade 80% of the time this is what i do say my used car manager puts 6000 acv IE: ACTUAL CASH VALUE in trade I show the "grinder" 4200 and he usally works me some more and i give in at lets say 5000 so i just put the other 1k in the deal it is up to buyer as to what to take for there trade and if that does not work we can always make some on the back end. I feel it is fair game when a buyer gets abrasive when i am trying to take care of them. But most of my deals go down pretty easy i do an excellent presintation wether new or used and things just seem to work out!
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On one of our last "dealings", it was pretty funny (from my side of the table).

We went in with a trade in. We took the "trade-in" off the table (they offered $1500 on my nice 96 Probe GT).

The Salesman started talking monthly payments. We told them we were going to pay for it all today.

Then my wife wips out the internet prices and says she wants them to hit the bottom line.

The poor guy was so annoyed at not having any more wiggle room....he brought back the monthly payments and tried some quick "numbers" on the calculator and my wife said she just needed the bottom line.

Then, honestly, it started getting a tad abusive on his end. "You guys weren't looking to buy a car today.", "I hope this isn't going to turn into a waste of time."

We simply headed from the Toyota dealer to the Honda dealer and it was 5:45pm on Saturday (they close at 6) and the guy gave us an Oddysey at $500 over factory invoice. The guy went to check our credit and you should have seen him. He was skipping back like a little school girl (yeah, my credit is like AAAAAAAAAA++++++++).

I learned one thing that day, show up with 15minutes before closing and you might get lucky.

Honestly, I have moved around so much, I have not had the chance to make "friends" with any type of dealer. The way things are setup, you travel around to get the best deal and then take it wherever is closer for service. Yeah, I can hear your groans from here...

When I was in NY, my family bought probably 6 vehicles from Failing Ford. The best dealership ever. It was a family business and Mr Failing was my 5th grade math teacher. They always treated us fairly and did great by us. I also purchased my Probe GT from them.

Lately my family has bought elsewhere (Impala, PT Cruiser, GMC Pickup) and have done ok. My mom says that if Ford ever makes something she wants to buy again (ouch) then she'll go back there for sure. She is eyeing the new Shelbys....

-Mike
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to look 'n see where you are, but found nothing. We were in the NYC / Northern NJ market. VERY VERY tough and competitive market.
Very tough customers, too.

I tried to switch to Saturn, but they would not take me, as I had experience (i.e. "bad habits") and they wanted green-horns who knew nothing to mold their way. Too bad, I would been very happy at Saturn!

Look how Saturn is growing! The SKY a sports (or sporty) car with damn good looks, a minivan now and a SUV and and and more coming! I have a friend at GM who told me that Saturn is being groomed to slide quietly into the spot formerely occupied by Oldsmobile. That being a sneeze below Buick and above Pontiac. I can see it now taking form.

All the dickering and price arguing is gone, and the salespersonal is most concerned with the buyer's needs and what they can do for the buyer in terms of aiding & assiting them thru the buying process. I know it sounds like BS to us, but it really isn't.

Sadly, the salesmen have to purchase all of their clothing thru Saturn and they get Cartier/Tiffany prices for everything, and every Thursday you get next week's dress code, so that e'body matches everyday. UNIFORMS!
(and) they give no demos, you use your own car. You are NEVER allowed ON the showroom floor UNLESS you have a customer. Otherwise you must remain in the "bullpen" in the back, in your cubicle. Only the receptionist is allowed on the floor. Strange, but Okay.
Gross's are in the $2,500 to $3,000 range. Commissions are on a sliding scale, but they are healthy !! !! !! I think it's the 1st 10 cars a month at 5% and #11 thru #15 @ 7% and #16 on @ 10% ~
Since you don't handle finance, there's no finance $$ for you.

When you back-out the finance $$ and the no demo (or demo plan) and the extravagant pricing on the clothing, it's not much better than the norm, but it is a peacefull sell and one stops hating the negoation B.S. as it is not present in that arena.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: