ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radio woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Radio woes Reply with quote

I'm baffled.

My radio didn't work when I bought my car. The premium sound system stereo had been replaced by a cheaper AM/FM factory model.

When I took out the radio, I noticed there were two sets of wiring harnesses. One set goes with the premium sound and wires to the amp, the other goes up into the dash (I guess Ford installed both sets of harnesses on all cars, one for premium and one for standard?). The latter works, and powers four of the six speakers. But I checked the premium system wires with a circuit tester, and they don't have power.

Does anyone have any suggestions on why the hot wires on the premium plugs wouldn't work? Do the hot wires get power through the amp, and if so, does this mean the factory premium sound system amp is toast? I'm stumped.

I'd like to return it to stock with the factory premium sound system rather than getting an aftermarket system, if for no other reason than to avoid giving would be thieves any more incentive to cut my top or break my windows. The thought alone makes me cringe! Sad -Bryan
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Locked Doors? Reply with quote

Hi, Bryan ~
Word of advice. The only impass to a convertible with locked doors, is a box cutter. Every thief owns a few. Locked Doors = cut roof & stolen stereo. UNlocked doors = stolen stereo.

Best advice? Have an alarm installed that activates upon a door being opened, WITHOUT being locked! Get an Auto Brake Lok Club (late night TV informational,) and pair it up with a steering wheel club.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
bryan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm working on putting the alarm in right now. I've already installed a hidden switch that disables the fuel pump when turned off. Luckily I have a garage, but occassionally it sits outside over night, and I get a bit nervous.
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Theft Reply with quote

On my street, everyone has had at least 1 car broken into or robbed, X-cept us. 2 are in the garage, and the daily driver (non asc) lives in the driveway, wearing 2 clubs and a roof mounted headliner surveilance video camera, that is turned on daily at dusk and left on until dawn. I am working on trying to obtain a police boot, but it's like impossible to get. Crying or Very sad

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
strawberydaky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: your not the only one Reply with quote

bryanoekel wrote:
Yeah, I'm working on putting the alarm in right now. I've already installed a hidden switch that disables the fuel pump when turned off. Luckily I have a garage, but occassionally it sits outside over night, and I get a bit nervous.

i have also installed a switch with the same route to the fuel pump in my car but i ceep the doors unlocked and have it covered when it is parked there is saddly no room in the garage for my car due to a kit car the old man is working on.
ASC Chick, 85 Murcury McLaren Capri, White W/ a Navy top & Navy Interior(#355)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: