ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smile for the camera, "Grey-Mac"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Smile for the camera, "Grey-Mac" Reply with quote

Tomorrow (tuesday) I am buying a 35MM toss-away camera and taking 37 pictures of my '86 coupe. I will select the best ones to send to Mike to post, 'cause I keep getting requests for MORE PICTURES. I will attach stick on notes on the backside explaining what it is I am trying to illustrate in each picture. they will not be digital quality, so bear with me on that.
It will take a day or two to develop & a day or two to get to Mike. Sandy has no scanner.......

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I would like to see are the quarter window blackouts. I need to see what the spacing is on yours in relation to the doors and body. Mine will need a slight adjustment I think. I have a small gap at the top.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aluminum frame in which the 1/4 plexiglass "window" sits was not designed to perfection. Since FoMoCo did NOT design that area to house that aluminum frame contraption, it was very difficult (obviously) to get it 100% correct. I have never seen an example that was flawless! Mine is very good, and the slight imperfections will not show up in a photo. The gap running along the 100 percent of the aluminum moulding varies as it goes along the top and the angle ( / or \ ) where it runs downward to the body, along the "C" pillar. In some spots it is so close you could not squeeze in the space a sheet of writing paper. In other spots you could slide in a piece of cardboard very easily! They are all like that.
On my driver's side, the very tip top of the driver's door frame, at the 90 degree turn to go straight along under the roof rail, well, that "point" of the 90 degree turn slightly touches the vertical closure of that aluminum frame, at the very top, wearing off the charcaol paint in an area this size: O ~ That's what I wanted the touch up for.
I've adjusted the vertical closure piece several times. It makes no difference Exclamation
I will take closeups. You need to see the as yet, never unwrapped seats, the dealer installed plastic original "paper" floor mats used while servicing, and the still shrink wrapped steering wheel cover, as well as the plastic protectors on the windshield wipers Shocked The hatch area shows a 1/24th scale identical model car to the real car, and never used OEM floor mats. I keep them turned down, to prevent exposure, but turn them over for car shows and will do so for the photos.
Can't take them today, it's gonna rain, and it's dark & cloudy. 1st sunny day. I bought the camera early today.

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, by the time you buy that camera, develop the film, pay for postage to send them to me for scanning...you could have this:

http://www.buy.com/prod/Q_See_1_3_Megapixel_Digital_Camera_QS6041/q/loc/13174/90131817.html

Sure its cheap and nothing stellar but I bet it would work allright.

I was almost thinking of buying one just to toy with and toss it in my car.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Pictures are taken !! 1:50PM today! It's a cloudy, overcast day with breaks of ambient sunshine. I mostly used a flash. 27 pictures, the entire roll. Will drop off for development tomorrow - pre 10:00AM. Will be ready Thursday by 12 noon. Will go out on Friday, to you. You'll have them on Monday, September 20th's Postal mail. Very Happy

{I think that you'll like them. I took like every part of the car ~ ~ It's not taken at MY house, but rather by the garage where I keep it from May thru October. After October, it goes into underground 24 hour security guarded 65 degree temperature controlled, dehumidified storage, in a solid brick building, into a seperate individual concreate lined garage, with steel twin locking door, complete with sprinkler system until May}

So, if anyone wants to steal it, your best chance is between May & October. It then resides at:
123 Main Street,
Anytown, USA

lightning95sc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Smile for the camera Reply with quote

Could you be more specific......You left off the zip code. Mapquest works best with a zip!!! Laughing
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

00246-182
Oh Oh, two for sex-One ate two

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: