ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sandy's 1986 Coupe Pictures
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Sandy's 1986 Coupe Pictures Reply with quote

These are the full sized scans.

Sandy, I would save them to your harddrive for your own back up and then post them to your album or to the Public album.

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/misc/Sandy/SandyBlock_86Coupe_00.jpg
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/misc/Sandy/SandyBlock_86Coupe_01.jpg
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/misc/Sandy/SandyBlock_86Coupe_02.jpg
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/misc/Sandy/SandyBlock_86Coupe_03.jpg
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/misc/Sandy/SandyBlock_86Coupe_04.jpg
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/misc/Sandy/SandyBlock_86Coupe_05.jpg
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/misc/Sandy/SandyBlock_86Coupe_06.jpg

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got them, Mike. "This picture goes this way" was meant to be removed Very Happy Afterwards, I realized that I did not take a picture of the dash, like the stereo and A/C and that stuff.........

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may scan them again....

They seem a bit on the light side. I was kind of in a hurry and didn't get a chance to review them well enough.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think that they are perfect! Of course the actual photos are crystal clear and these are more "grainy" ~ but that's to be expected. Overall, I am very satisfied.

bryan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a beautiful car until I saw that spot by the door Wink

This is one AMAZING car, Sandy! I'm still not sure how you fight the urge to drive it. She's lucky to have such a good owner.
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drive it 3 times a year. In September I take it to a Ford Dealer that is 8 miles from my house (16 miles round trip) There it gets fully checked out and fluids changed. I have my 1 guy there that takes care of it & he respects the car, and MY fanaticism over it. So, that's 16 miles. Then the the 3rd week of May it goes to a local car show. THAT is 9 miles (18 round trip)...so 18 + 16 = 34 miles a year. I usually take it to a local Sunoco gas station for a fill up of their 94 Octane in October, and that's 2 miles round trip, and that constitutes a year's worth of 36 miles. Laughing

So, she goes out in May, in September & in October. However, year round I run her once a week for 15 minutes in the storage facility where she lives.

She has a schedule we follow. Every 4th year she gets a complete radiator flush. Every other year she gets a fuel filter, air filter and all fluids are checked every year as well as oil change & filter. Trans fluid is changed every 3rd year and oil pan is cleaned out every fifth year. Differential, brake, steering fluids are checked every year, as well tire pressures. Tires are coated every other year with oil based dressing, and they are 100% perfect & original. Car is hand washed once a year, in June and waxed. Lives under a cotton/satin series of quilts, when a moisture remover placed under the car. Winters are spend in heated & dehumidified storage, where it stays 65 degrees all winter. I continue to go there weekly and run it 15 minutes.

n20capri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
I drive it 3 times a year. In September I take it to a Ford Dealer that is 8 miles from my house (16 miles round trip) There it gets fully checked out and fluids changed. I have my 1 guy there that takes care of it & he respects the car, and MY fanaticism over it. So, that's 16 miles. Then the the 3rd week of May it goes to a local car show. THAT is 9 miles (18 round trip)...so 18 + 16 = 34 miles a year. I usually take it to a local Sunoco gas station for a fill up of their 94 Octane in October, and that's 2 miles round trip, and that constitutes a year's worth of 36 miles. Laughing

So, she goes out in May, in September & in October. However, year round I run her once a week for 15 minutes in the storage facility where she lives.

She has a schedule we follow. Every 4th year she gets a complete radiator flush. Every other year she gets a fuel filter, air filter and all fluids are checked every year as well as oil change & filter. Trans fluid is changed every 3rd year and oil pan is cleaned out every fifth year. Differential, brake, steering fluids are checked every year, as well tire pressures. Tires are coated every other year with oil based dressing, and they are 100% perfect & original. Car is hand washed once a year, in June and waxed. Lives under a cotton/satin series of quilts, when a moisture remover placed under the car. Winters are spend in heated & dehumidified storage, where it stays 65 degrees all winter. I continue to go there weekly and run it 15 minutes.

Sandy your a freak! lol that's a compliment by the way...haha...

Car is Sweeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
mandra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Pictures!

Now Sandy the air filter? Come on that thing must look like new!

BTW is it the same air filter part number as the original? Poke
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The air filter has been changed about 7 to 9 times. Yes, that would be about every 80 miles, true, but in these type cases you'd better use TIME FRAME source of measurment, rather than mileage. To stretch the point, by way of example, with 646 miles, I'd still be 400 miles from my 1,000 mile oil change. Would you like 18-year old oil in there? Course not Crying or Very sad
So, one really has to forget mileage totally, and let time frame be the"common sence" guide. THAT is why I drew up the prior listed yearly service(s), that do change from year-to-year. When she was up in the air one year at the Ford dealer she goes to, I saw an opportunity, (Serv. mgr was out ill for the day, and my Tech didn't care that I was roaming around in the shop, and I went 2 doors down to a drug store and bought a roll of paper towels and a small jar of vasoline petroleum jelly, and I rubbed it on the towels and then from them onto chassis parts to coat them. I did the McLaren springs, parts of the exhaust pipes and other STEEL surfaces, just a light coating, well rubbed off, no "clumps" of left behind product. This season (Spring-Summer) I chose not to even wash the car, as it was so clean, under the wraps. I simply wiped it off with a damp towel, as I didn't wanna wet the brake drums orother steel parts, that are not rusted at all. If she was DIRTY, I woulda wash it, but at most she was just a little dusty.
Dust is a big problem in the storage of cars not used!
Thusly, the Air Filter change every other year.

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I didn't get to rescanning them. I have them here at work packaged up to return. They should be in the mail at noon time.

-Mike
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, if you are talking of my photos, they are YOURS to keep!! I had 2 sets made. Keep Them.

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Mike, if you are talking of my photos, they are YOURS to keep!! I had 2 sets made. Keep Them.

Cool! Thanks!

-Mike
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what you'll have invested $$$-wise in that car, you probably could have bought a brand new Cobra Coupe! I don't know that I would done that.... I have alot into my car as well! $15,500 to buy it, $50.00 @ yr. to renew the registration x 18 years = $900 plus 18 years of insurance @ $250.00 @ yr. = $4,500. Yearly maintenance at appox. $125.00 @ yr. = $2,200, we'll say $2,500 and fuel at like a tankfull every 3 years, and unknown because of up & down gas prices..... So, around $24,000 total, plus $3,000 dollars worth of NOS parts, that are now really worth triple that. The parts fared better than the car Crying or Very sad
Oh, also $40.00 @ month storage from May thru Sept or $240 @ yr, plus October thru April heated storage at $250 a month GULP! $1,750 @ yr heated and $200 regular fair weather storgae = $2,000 @ yr storage OUCH! times 18 years, or $36,000 storage.
Total = $63,000 into it. OUCH. But others go & drop $63,000 on a new BMW and I'd MUCH rather have my "Big-Mac" A BMW is a BMW, e'body sees them & knows them, BUT a Big Mac comes with special sauce Laughing

Tom S.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
For what you'll have invested $$$-wise in that car, you probably could have bought a brand new Cobra Coupe! I don't know that I would done that.... I have alot into my car as well! $15,500 to buy it, $50.00 @ yr. to renew the registration x 18 years = $900 plus 18 years of insurance @ $250.00 @ yr. = $4,500. Yearly maintenance at appox. $125.00 @ yr. = $2,200, we'll say $2,500 and fuel at like a tankfull every 3 years, and unknown because of up & down gas prices..... So, around $24,000 total, plus $3,000 dollars worth of NOS parts, that are now really worth triple that. The parts fared better than the car Crying or Very sad
Oh, also $40.00 @ month storage from May thru Sept or $240 @ yr, plus October thru April heated storage at $250 a month GULP! $1,750 @ yr heated and $200 regular fair weather storgae = $2,000 @ yr storage OUCH! times 18 years, or $36,000 storage.
Total = $63,000 into it. OUCH. But others go & drop $63,000 on a new BMW and I'd MUCH rather have my "Big-Mac" A BMW is a BMW, e'body sees them & knows them, BUT a Big Mac comes with special sauce Laughing

So I'm guessing I won't be able to buy your car for $12,000 anytime soon. Crying or Very sad Bang Head

'85 ASC Coupe #607910--sold and crushed RIP Crying or Very sad
'95 SVT Cobra--sold
'89 Oregon State Police SSP Mustang--sold
'86 LX 5.0 Coupe--sold
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What fun is that?

I like cars that have STORIES behind them and their construction. By the time I'm done, I hope to know every bolt and washer on this car. I hope to get my car to the point where it drives exactly like it left the dealership...quirks and deficiencies included.

My family likes oddball cars...the odder the better...here's one reason why...

My Mom/Dad own a 1931 Pumper Firetruck with a nifty story (long but I feel like typing today). Probably around 1996 or so, my (now deceased) grandfather got wind that some kids had broken into a neighbor's shed and vandalized an old fire truck. We all knew it was there and had inquired about it a few times but the guy sat on it. The "neighbor" is the Plymouth, MA Budweiser distributer (L. Knife).

So the caretaker calls up my grandfather and says they want to clean out the shed and would we like the truck? He offered it for $1500 and my GrandFather talked him down to $900 or something silly (the man was an old horse trader in another life, I swear). So GrandFather got the truck, called us up and said come and get it. So we went down and saw a VERY dusty but surprisingly complete 1931 HOWE Fire Pumper.

We hauled it home (almost blew the Chevy PU tranny over the Berkshires ($600 repair bill)). And Mom and Dad restored it. It runs/drives/pumps and everything. Bright red, gold leaf, etc.

So my mom, being the "historian" of the family. Writes to the last known registration location (New Hampshire) looking for background. There are several Fire Apparatus Museums there and by pure chance, one of her letters arrives at a museum where an old Fireman (75 years+) was visiting the curator. The curator hands him the newly opened letter and says, "you know anything about this truck?". The guy says he thinks he knows of a firehouse that used to have a truck like that and that the current Fire Chief has been looking for it.

So my mom gets a call from said FireChief. The guy says "so I see you've found our truck". Apparently, his FATHER was a fire fighter during WW2. He was too young to go to war but he stayed and manned the Firehouse and this firetruck was in service at that time. He sent mom original pictures and it is definitely the same truck. They did things like flip the windhshield around, mount extra accessories and a front light that would be impossible to duplicate....but were in the picture and are STILL present on the truck.

The current firechief had been searching for the truck for a good 30 years. His father spoke of it often and it was something of a "legend" among the older fire fighters. He wanted to come down and see and bring his father if possible. His father had cancer and may be too sick to travel.

The guy made two trips to see the truck. The second trip he brought his dad who was beating the cancer. His dad described EVERY detail of the truck perfectly. He explained how everything worked and why it was all together just the way it was. The STORIES he told of it in action are gold.

Currently, his father's cancer returned and its terminal. The son wrote my parents and they agreed to ship the firetruck to NH for a while. Currently it resides there where the son hopes it will lift his father's spirits to see it. He also plans to use it in the funeral. My dad said that when he arrived it was quite a big to-do and the surprised look on the old-guy's face was priceless as his son told him nothing about it.

A new Cobra is down right WORTHLESS to me. In 20-50 years it would be a gem because it would have some history to it. Very Happy

I need to try and restart my prior owner search on my car again. You never know what you find out.

-Mike

Last edited by negusm on Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: