ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need new antenna.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
87conv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Need new antenna. Reply with quote

Does anyone have one of those flexable antennas for sale or know where I can get one ? It is For an 87. Thanks Dan
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try www.ascmclaren.com?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
87conv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Antenna Reply with quote

I followed your advice and they are for sale there. Thanks Much. I will probably get one unless sombody has a used one they want to part with. Were they only put on the Mclarens? Dan
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1984-1986 Mercury Capri ascMcLaren CONVERTIBLES (only, not Coupes) and 1987 & 1988 Ford Mustang ascMcLarens, **NOT** 1989 & 1990 versions. Why? In 1984-1988 Ford supplied the cars to ascMcLaren without the hole in the front fender for the antenna. However, bginning in 1989, Ford no longer supplied "hole-less" front fenders, so they (ascMcLaren) used the regular metal front fender antenna.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
5LiterMustang

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a 88 ASC/McLaren Mustang and it has a regular antenna, like any other mustang. I Highly doubt one of the previous owners changed it.. whats the deal?
1988 ASC/McLaren Mustang
bryan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My '87 has a regular antenna too. I'm sure it was changed. But here's the kicker. If I look REALLY hard and in the right lighting, I can see where the hole was filled on my front fender, but I REALLY doubt the car was ever wrecked. The lines are absolutely perfect, and there is NO evidence of body work.

Sandy, are you sure they all came to asc with hole-free front fenders? I don't doubt you're right, but I think I'm just in denial that my car has seen a wreck.

P.S. Parked my car on the driveway last night and fell asleep before putting her in the garage. Woke up and looked outside and it was gone Shocked . I was about to call the police when I discovered my well-intentioned girlfriend had pulled her inside for me. Scary few minutes!
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a running change during 1988 production. Some '88s have the rubber whip rear mount while others have the Mustang stock front antenna.

I have never seen a 1987 with a stock Mustang front antenna, that came that way from ascMcLarern!!

The 1984-1986 Capri 5.0SC 2-Seat Roadsters came with hole-less front fenders, courtesy of Ford. The 1987-1990 Mustang 2-Seat Roadsters came with holes in the front fenders for the antenna. In 1987 & some of the 1988s ascMcLaren filled them in, and added the rear driver's side mounted rubber antenna. A few 1987s have been found with an ascMcLaren installed POWER ANTENNA. They are OUT THERE ! I have located 2 or 3 of them, all in the hands of the original owners. It was indeed listed as a STANDARD equipment item, on early window stickers and was ascMcLaren installed. The antenna rose automaticaly when the stereo was turned "on" and retracted automaticly when the stereo was shut off.

bryan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... I misunderstood. My antenna IS in the back, but I thought you'd said Ford shipped out hole-less front fendered 'Stangs to ASC. Glad to hear it was ASC that did the somewhat shotty patchwork on my front fender and not someone else Wink
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Information as it was originally given to me FROM ascMcLaren:-

1984-1986 5.0SC Roadsters had rear mounted, rubberized "whip" Mini-Antennas. It is UNknown what the 3.8SC Roadsters of 1986 had.

1987 Mustang version came with the same rear mount black rubberized whip antenna. HOWEVER, a few (rumor has it at 12) 1987s came with a standard Power Antenna, also mounted on the rear driver's side quarter panel, with the motor inside the trunk, on the driver's side, near the taillamp housing.

1988s saw both the rubberized whip on the rear driver quarter panel, AND the normal silver Ford one installed on the front passenger side fender.

1989s & 1990s definately had the Ford Factory installed silver front passenger's fender mounted antenna.

ALL Coupes, ALL years had the factory installed front fender antenna, but they were flat black on many cars, not silver. Now...Here comes someone with a silver one & he brought it brand new and it's always been silver and nobody ever changed it and it was on it when he got it and...... Smash

tfs2121

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:

ALL Coupes, ALL years had the factory installed front fender antenna, but they were flat black on many cars, not silver. Now...Here comes someone with a silver one & he brought it brand new and it's always been silver and nobody ever changed it and it was on it when he got it and...... Smash

sandy what did the factory one look like mine is really short and spirals in the middle and goes no taller then the roof of the car
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT ain't factory, Peter.

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, yours should be a long straight smooth "whip" antenna.

You can probably snag one in most any junkyard off from most any car. I bet GM to Ford to Chrysler all used the same one....it is so ubiquitous.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
tfs2121

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i had a feeling that wasint factory and i do have a longer one but i like mine its so short and looks so much better, as its no taller then the roof of the car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: