ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOSPITAL UPDATE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
85blackvert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy,

Its great to hear that you have made so much progress, but I'm sorry to hear that you will need more chemo to treat the cancer. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.

Best wishes,

Sean
'85 McLaren Convertible #58
'02 Dodge Ram 5.9L
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, and take care of that 1985.....Many are no longer "alive" .

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
85blackvert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy,

Not to worry, I can assure you that she's in good hands (and I plan on keeping her stock) Very Happy , but needs quite a bit of TLC to get her in the condition that I'll be happy with. She runs and drives great, but IMO the exterior looks like crap. I don't drive her much because of that.

I figure I'm on the 5 year plan - once the kids get a bit older I'll be able to spend more time and $$ on her, plus my son w/ probably be able to help me w/ the project, which will be cool. I fiddle with a small project here and there, but for the most part, I'm accumulating parts and will piece it all together when the time is right.

Sean
'85 McLaren Convertible #58
'02 Dodge Ram 5.9L
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I paid for our son's education, and he made excellent use of it. I was proud to do that. THEN when all done, I bought our '03 Town Car. he's a C.P.A. now, and self supporting. What a great feeling. (Luckily, we only have the one...I could not do it again) His college cost $155,000 for 4 years. It's where my late parents sold house proceeds went. They (and I) lived in it for 49 years, then I sold it, and sent the college the proceeds there of. College is VERY expensive today.

mustang marty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy,

It's good to hear that you have made so much progress. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

I had my first colonoscopy at 36 due to my lower intestine becoming adhered to my abdominal wall, which caused severe discomfort. One small polyp was found and removed. Luckily for me it was benign. I am due for one next year (age 44). For me, the worst thing about it is drinking that stuff that cleans out your system the night before. Worse than drinking the water in Mexico. Surprised
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound like a smart @$$, not to make lite of your serious situation, but in truth, I would drink that siht every day, until the first frost, here in New Jersey is on the ground ! If I only could avoid the Chemo / Avastin treatments. I've just completed 11, and have one in 2 weeks, and NOW the Dr. tells me I may be facing 48 more !! !! !! Each one makes me dogg-sick, really damn dogg sick, for 5 to 7 days & nights! I'd prefer 2 months of solid flu ! I mean, really this Avastin & Chemo is like being beat to a pulp by Sugar Ray Robinson !

mustang marty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me... if I were in your situation I would rather drink it at every meal than go through chemo. While I can not fully understand what havoc this has been for you, from the family members of mine that have had to endure it I know it's something that I hope I can avoid. It is something I wouldn't wish on a worst enemy let alone someone that I have come to know and respect
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To date.... I have had exactly 495 HOURS of Chemo ! That equates to 3 weeks (21 days, 24 hours @ day, round the clock. ORIGINALLY I was told I would need 12 infusions. I have completed 11. My #12 is a week from this Wednesday (a week from tomorrow). THAT was supposed to be the last one! Now, my Dr. tells me, with 1 to go.... that I may need this for up to 2 years! 2 x @ month. WHAT Shocked All of my #s are perfection. Based only upon #s, presented, another Dr. would state that there is no cancer is that patient, if he were only presented with my #s.

But, MY Dr. says that after the Cat Scan, although faint, "spots" can still be seen on my liver. He cannot guess how many or how few add'l. treatments it will take. Nice, Eh ? Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: