ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

87-90 Build:One huge post, Keep as long as U own ASC McLaren

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ascMcLaren Info and Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: 87-90 Build:One huge post, Keep as long as U own ASC McLaren Reply with quote

After years of wishing, I made contact and got it ! Never let anyone tell you that our cars were "aftermarket" ! I FINALLY got outta a gentelman from FoMoCo how the 1987-1990 Mustangs were prepaired FOR asc/McLaren. This is long. I may take 2 days to type this. Remenber now, all this is how the Mustangs headed to ASC after they left the Ford Factory. Okay ?

Part I

LX 2-Door Sedan w/302 V-8
Speed Control.
Power Windows,
Power Door Locks,
Air Conditing,
Fleet Tinted Windshield,
Premium Electronic Am-Fm Stereo with Cassette Player,
Premium Audio System,
Power Trunk Release,
5-Speed Manual close Ratio, Transmission,
Delete normal LX Body side Pin-Stripe,
Install GT Articulating seats, in Cloth,
Install Thunderbird Non-Adjustable Vinyl Headrests,
Build with T-Top (frameless) doors,
Custom made (by FoMoCo) tinted door glass, to fit the greater sloping windshield,
Install GT Convertible Rear View Mirror with twin Courtesy Lamps,
Install Mustang GT interior door panels,
OMIT Headliner, Dome Light & brackets and associated wiring,
Omit all upper window finishing mouldings, except for interior upper windshield mouldings,
Convertible-cut carpeting, rolled, taped and tossed into trunk,
omit exterior roof chrome trim mouldings, except for the windshield mouldings, (These moulding were supplied by FoMoCo in flat black, rather than the "normal" chrome as on normal LX models),
Omit rear package shelf and related hardware,
Omit rear seat belts and related hardware,
Omit all Emblems, and/or nameplates,
Place in trunk proper matching in color a set of GT Sun Visors, Illuminated in 1987 thru 1989. 1990 due to new style recieved non illuminated mirror (only one on passenger side), were used,
Omit Trunk Lock and related hardware,
place packing tape over hole in trunk sheet metal to keep water out and tape trunk lid secure to lower rear bumper cover,
Install Lestek130 AMP Alternator,
Mount body to Heavy Duty Frame, as used on GT Convertible, with Heavy Duty inner Rocker Panels, with heavy duty reinforced Convertible floor pan.

That is it, for today! I will conclude this tomorrow. Laughing

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/

Last edited by Sandy on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

part II

ascMcLaren added upgraded shocks and & installed lowering springs
American SunRoof Corporation lasered off the steel roof
and did some "massaging" to the door's top side, to insure proper fit with the "A" Post, that was bent rearward.
ASC installed the newly cut door windows
as well as installing mock Mercedes Benz cloth convertible roof.
asc installed the smoked taillight covers as well as the GT(s) fog lamps into the GT's front facia, as installed by FoMoCo, again on line AT FoMoCo, as well as the side ground effects, the rear duck tail spoiler and tightened down the front air dam.
All new-to-Mustang exterior paints (from "Sikkens") were used, so that the car would be more striking, with very expensive paint.
Interior Recaros were recovered in leather (Regatta Blue, Sand Beige , Scarlet Red, or Light Grey.
The Center Console was reconfigured as were the learther seats pleats.
Extra heavy duty power window motors and lifts were fitted, allthough I do not know why..... and neither did my informer.....
thin carpeting was fitted to the trunk area and the area that had been the back seat, was given a Mercedes-Benz style elevatored platform with twin covered bins to keep stuff in. (No illumination NOR locks....)

OPTIONS:

Whistler Remote Radar Detector
Automatic Transmission (4-Speed)
Bumper-Body-Bumper Accent Tape Stripe (1990 only) !
(Navy, Black, Silver Metallic, White, Bright Red, Gold Metallic, were used) & inserted into front/Rear Bumper recess as well as the side of the car's body moulding inset arera.
Remote Keyless Entry with Illuminated Entry with delay feature
and an intrussion alarm when a system was by-passed.
ascMcLaren Carpeted deep pile Carpet mats with ascMcLaren die cut into the two mats. No Mats for the rear.

SPECIAL EDITIONS:- 2

1990 ONLY
#1 ~ "The Snowball Edition: Keweenau White, White Vinyl Roof, White Learther Interior with Opal carpets, seat belts and other trim in Opal.
Came out in November of 1989.

#2 ~ 1990 Only
25th Silver Anniversary Edition.
Sterling Silver Metallic; Scarlet Interior, with a "Light Grey cloth " roof.
HOWEVER....
the Light Grey failed fade tests and was not used. 2 such cars were made
one with a Black top (mine) and one with a Deep Claret top.
There was to be affixed on each side's front fender, just above the bodyside moulding a plaque. Black background, raised chrome lettering and a chrome border. The writing proclaims "25th Anniversary Edition"
The other car is in Florida, mine in New Jersey. My car does have the fender plaques.

## End ##

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ascMcLaren Info and Resources All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: