ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REGISTERING and Getting Started. PLEASE READ FIRST!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> WELCOME!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: REGISTERING and Getting Started. PLEASE READ FIRST!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I finally got a chance to sit down and write a few notes about getting started:

Its easy...

1. Click the "Register" button at the top of the page.
2. You need to supply a username, password and a VALID email address.

PLEASE NOTE! Due to SPAMMERS, I have had to BAN many email free email addresses! I am sorry but you will have to try a different email account.

3. Click "Submit" and you should get an email in no more than 10-15 minutes. Usually it is immediate. CHECK YOUR SPAM BUCKETS!!!! Some services filter these registration emails out of your inbox for some reason.
4. REPLY to the email you receive. Unless I get an email from you I will NOT enable the account.
5. After the account is enabled, you will get another email.
6. Click the "Log In" link at the top of the page to log in.
7. Start posting and enjoy your photo album!

If you have problems, check the "Frequently Asked Questions" list by clicking on the "FAQ" link at the top of the page.

Email me at: negusm@hotmail.com if you CANNOT get any of this to work! I will set things up or activate you directly!

IMPORTANT! You NEED to make sure your email address provided is CORRECT or you cannot get activated! The system will send you an email to get started and if you mess up your email address, you won't get it. This is to limit SPAMMERS from writing code to easily activating users on the board.

-Mike

Last edited by negusm on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally, a few spam safe guards:

When you register (initially), you are NOT given the option to add any personal information except for you user id and also choose basic board options.

You will need to make ONE post before you can add in your location, signature, web site, etc.

Please make it a QUALITY post. A simple "yeah sounds good" one liner is going to get your account yanked QUICK as that is what spammers do.

This will hopefully make spamming painful enough that they quit doing it on this small site. Spammers like to make accounts with their web sites stuffed into their profile. I have no idea HOW this practice can generate any kind of profit for them but they do it anyways.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To access the albums, there are three ways:

Click on the "Album" link at the top of the page. This will take you to the public albums. You will see a list of categories for 1984-1990 asc cars, Capri/Mustang Coupes and Convertibles.

You will also see, if you scroll to the bottom:

Users Personal Galleries » Your Personal Gallery

Click on "Users Personal Galleries" to see a list of galleries for each user.
Click on "Your Personal Gallery" to view your very own album area.

Another way is to click on a user's name that you see in a post or anywhere on the site and near the bottom of their profile, there is an album image button. Clicking that will take you to their picture album.

The last way is that for EVERY post, there is an album button that will take you to the poster's album.

-Mike
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> WELCOME! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: