ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When was the first time you saw an ASC car?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mca1686

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: When was the first time you saw an ASC car? Reply with quote

In 2006 my girlfriend at the time threw a huge highschool graduation party. Through another forum a guy needed some parts for his 1965 gt fastback for a show the next day and luckly I had them and was in driving distance of his house. When he showed up I asked him why his fox body looked "strange" ( in a good way) and he explained it was a 87 asc mclaren. It was a gold color with what I can remember a black top. From that point on I knew I would get one at some point. Finally 5 years later found a low mile original car!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it really was a 1987, and if it was really gold in color, it was a repaint. IF it was a 1989 - then it was "Royal Gold Metallic" a pretty rare color, and probably had light beige interior and a dark chocolate cloth roof.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Kentennis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, mca, where are the pictures????
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the 1st time I ever saw a ascMcLaren car ?

There was s teeny tiny, itty bitty L-M dealer in
white plains New York, where Ihad been going as I was dating a girl
there. It had a ONE CAR showroom. Okay ? Tiny!! The car in the window was a 1985 ascMcLaren Coupe in White, with Orange stripes & Whte wheels. I thought that I saw God !!! 1985s were all done, finished!
I returned home & went to my local L-M dealer to inquire. They told me that they did not sign on as a retailer, and pointed me to Wayne L-M in Wayne N.J. I went, and bought my coupe!

(Smoke Charcoal Grey/Orange Wheels & Stripes/Automatic/ Opt. Axle Ratio/ solid roof/ alpine 7272/ power locks & A/C

and as we know...THAT was only the beginning..... Good Job

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
U-MAN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Well the first one I ever saw in the "flesh" , was Mikes coupe. And that was at Maple Grove Race Track.It was in a display , at the show field. Now the fact that a convertable was also made, Well.. that was news to me. I had read ,and seen them in FORD mags, but only coupes. Then oneday, my wife has me take her to a mall. She drops me off at the book store, and while going through Hemmings...UMM..POW, there it is..a convertable. Well now that car has made a good home for itself, in my garage.And no matter what the weather, be it hot or cold,rain or snow. I pass by it on my way out the door, on my way to work
Just to keep it happy. But this is the price paid... so we will not be "cookie cutter".
#67 Black Mac'

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first sight of a McLaren, was about a year ago when I went with my brother to see a guy who had a yard full of Foxs. He had a white 88 Mustang convert. ASC for sale.
I went home & started searching for info on these cars.

When I found out that the earliest ones were converted Capris it was all over for me.

I started watching for ads on Ebay & Craigslist around the midwest. Last fall I saw mine for sale in Kansas City, went down there to see it, & drove it home.
So, I have actually only seen two McLaren Convertibles.
I have not yet seen a coupe. When I do, if it is for sale at the right price & I have the cash I will probably take it home with me. Smile
Ron
Kentennis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy a coupe but the wife says it must be indoors, out of the weather. No place to put it until I sell my boat.
mca1686

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Here is the link to a picture of my car. The only bad thing is when I drive on the freeway I'm the only car this color this colorful so the highway patrol see me a mile away!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mca1686/1988.jpg
86capriasc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I saw one was the day I bought mine. I saw it, turned around and looked at it and headed straight to the bank and pulled out the cash. I had it back home, registered and in the driveway within fours hours of first sight.
1986 ASCMclaren #108
stock E7 short block, explorer intake, 65mm TB, home built Gt45 turbo kit, 3.08s, Borla cat-back, '05 slot maf, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, E85, Qaurterhorse tuner.
Kentennis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first saw it on Ebay. I didn't bid. Showed my wife the pics and she said, "If you wanted it, you should have bid on it. we have the money." The bidding had ended before she saw it.

I had bought a Corvette from the same auction house a few years earlier, so I sent the guy an Email. "If the bidder can't come up with the money, I'll match the bid and I have the cash."

2 weeks later he called and said, "Come get YOUR car." I did.

Took it for an 80 mile ride today. Love the damn thing but I have to start thinking about pulling back. I'll be 73 in a few days and can't really work on them anymore. But it is a wonderful ride.
ChuckG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

July, 1985.

Home on leave to pick up my new 5.0 GT and the Teamsters went on strike so I couldn't. Driving down Telegraph Road in Dearborn, my buddy was telling me about this wicked one-off his brother in law test drove called an ASC/McLaren Coupe. Then one when whizzing by.

We followed it and found out it was driven by a cocky little snot. Said you had to know someone to get one. Okay, that was Wednesday.

I was driving mine Friday night....
ChuckG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

July, 1985.

Home on leave to pick up my new 5.0 GT and the Teamsters went on strike so I couldn't. Driving down Telegraph Road in Dearborn, my buddy was telling me about this wicked one-off his brother in law test drove called an ASC/McLaren Coupe. Then one when whizzing by.

We followed it and found out it was driven by a cocky little snot. Said you had to know someone to get one. Okay, that was Wednesday.

I was driving mine Friday night....
86capri62

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first encounter with a ASC McLaren was in 1987. Me and 4 of my friends went for a trip to a SAAC convention in Charlotte but decided to go to Florida a week before on the same trip. There was a dealer I believe on Sunset or Sunrise boulevard I can't remember and there we saw some brand new ASC mustangs. We stopped and had a look at them. We knew these were RARE cars.
77 Ferrari 308 GTB(sold)
90 Ferrari Testarossa(yellow)(sold)
2007 Corvette convertible supercharged(sold)
2005 MB SLK 350
2008 Rotorway helicopter
darkhorse40

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I saw one was a 1985, Red. It was pulling out of the service area at Gerald Lincoln Mercury in Skokie, Illinois.

I was 20. when it came the time I could afford a new car, I was forced to take the Ford model because the Merc was no longer available.

1991 black on black on black 4 seater
1984 #43 Dark Jade Green
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 1000R
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I informed the local Ford dealer in the Spring of '88 that I was in the market for a V8 Mustang convertible via phone, and he showed up a few hours later with the ASC. When I came out to the parking lot to see it, .......... well, I still have the mark on my lower jaw where it hit the ground. Very Happy

I was expecting to see GT vert.......
1988 ASC McLaren #688
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: